I am pleased to be able to offer the first service pack for Chromixium 32 bit. This service pack fixes 2 issues that have been causing annoyance with the 1.0 build, namely:
– slow applications menu generation
– window redrawing in Chromium browser after minimise on certain graphic cards.
This service pack updates existing installations of Chromixium 1.0 32 bit (i386). An updated iso is currently in the works.
How to install service pack 1
NOTE: You need to be connected to the internet to complete the installation.
1. Download the service pack file, Chromixium-1.0-i386-SP1.zip from this link: http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/c/ch/chromixium/Chromixium-1.0-i386-SP1.zip
2. Open ‘Files’ from the dock and locate the downloaded zip file.
3. Right-click in the Files window and select ‘Open in terminal’.
4. Type or paste these commands into the terminal and hit enter:
5. Press any key to start installation. Progress will be displayed in the terminal and will typically take between 5 and 10 minutes. Once completed you can close the terminal.
6. Please reboot the computer as soon as the installation has competed.
NOTE: The updated version of xorg in this service pack does not have official guest additions for Virtualbox. If you want to test it in Virtualbox, after a reboot, the screen resolution will reduce dramatically. To correct this add this ppa and install the unofficial utopic-lts modules:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:costamagnagianfranco/virtualbox-ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-guest-utils-lts-utopic virtualbox-guest-x11-lts-utopic
See here for more info on the above: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/virtualbox/+bug/1424769?comments=all